Skin Cancer Foundation, there has been a 300 percent rise in the incidence of non-melanoma skin cancers since 1994 alone.
The Weill Cornell Comprehensive Dermatopathology Service is poised to meet the increasing need for our services. Led by internationally renowned dermatopathologist Cynthia M. Magro, MD, we provide expert consultation to evaluate tissue samples for all cancerous and noncancerous disorders of the skin. Dermatologists, plastic and general surgeons, and other dermatopathologists can feel confident sending their patients' samples to a service that is proud to be part of a world-class academic medical center: New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical College. We take great pride in the high level of expertise and service we offer.
Referring physicians and their patients benefit from:
- An expert team: Consultation and case review with expert dermatopathologists
- An accredited practice: A state-of-the-art specimen laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), certified by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and licensed by the New York State Department of Health
- Rapid and efficient service: Arrangement of courier services to transport specimens
- Timely reporting: A 24-hour turnaround time from receipt of routine specimens, and featuring comprehensive diagnostic reports
- A comprehensive array of services: Including immunophenotyping, complex molecular analyses, cytogenetic testing, and immunohistochemical markers
For more information visit the Client Services section; and to request our services, visit the Contact Us section. To use our consultation and second opinion services, please complete and submit a Consultation Form .
Let us offer you the speed and accuracy of results that can make a lifesaving difference for your patients.